Your Path to Peak Health
New Student Special $49 for 1-Month Unlimited
for your first month of Yoga and begin your path to peak health.
1. Arrive 10-15 minutes early to meet the instuctor and get aquainted with our Eco-Friendly studio.
2. Inform the instructor of any injury or condition
you have so they can guide you appropriately during class.
3. Wear comfortable clothing that breathes and is good for movement and stretching.
4. Stay hydrated by drinking clear fluids; however avoid eating 90 minutes before class.
5. Begin with Level 1-2 or Level 1-3 classes. Master the basic poses first so you create a stable foundation then explore the more challenging poses. The instructor can help you adapt the poses to suite your needs.
6. Remember if you haven't stretched or engaged certain muscles in years that it will take time for your body to build and open. However, a commited yoga practioner who takes 2-4 classes a week will improve much more quickly than those with irregular practices. Stay connected to your body so you can make wise and compassionate decisions in how far you go in each posture. Your body thanks you.
7. Yoga is not the Olympics- do not compare your pose to that of another student. Yoga is about tuning into your own body and listening deeply to the wisdom your body provides in each posture.
8. Forget "no pain, no gain", you may feel stretching sensations and the engagement of muscles but no pain.
9. Enjoy the process~ yoga is a journey not a destination. With no where to go just arrive and roll down the inner window, stick out your head, breathe in the fresh air and the life force within.
With these quick tips you have taken your first step toward a powerful and healing yoga practice.
Recommended Classes for New Students:
- Hatha Yoga
- Gentle Hatha
- Restorative Yoga
- Soma or Yin Yoga
- Slow Flow
Check our easy-view Class Schedule online!
Teachers of YMS