New to Yoga
Be in the hands of the experts ~ Welcome to Yoga Mountain Studio!
Our Top 10 Tips for starting new or returning to YOGA
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early to meet the teacher and get aquainted with our amazing new location with bamboo floors and outdoor garden.
- Inform the teacher about any special needs you have so they can guide you appropriately.
- Wear comfortable clothing that breathes, and is good for movement and stretching.
- Stay hydrated by drinking clear fluids; however avoid eating 60-90 minutes before class.
- Master the basic poses first so you create a stable foundation to then explore more challenging poses.
- Remember if you haven’t stretched or engaged certain muscles in years that it will take time for your body to build strength and open up to flexibility. However, a committed yoga practitioner who takes 2-5 classes a week will improve much more quickly than one with an irregular practice. Please stay connected to your body so you can make wise and compassionate decisions as to how far you move into each posture.
- Yoga is not the Olympics- do not compare yourself to other students because there are no medals awarded!
- Forget “no pain, no gain”. You may feel stretching sensations and the engagement of muscles but there should be no pain.
- This is not a “hot” yoga studio. Hot yoga tends to deplete the body over time. Our studio is held at a comfortable 73-76 degrees. It is warm enough to safely stretch, open muscle tightness gently and allow you to fully enjoy the practice.
- Yoga is a lifelong journey and our community and professional teachers are here to help you find the best way to practice for your body, mind, and spirit.
Classes Recommended for New Students:
- Yoga 1-3
- Gentle Yoga
- Therapeutic Yoga
- Restore & Renew
- Or book a private session with our head teachers.
Check out our Class Schedule, it is yoga so there is plenty to choose from.
If you have any questions our Yoga Mountain Team is here to help!
Email or Call the studio at 415-459-9642 if you would like further assistance.
Looking forward to seeing you on the mat.
founder of YMS